- Yoga helps to stretch the muscles thereby improving flexibility and strength.
- It improves the quality of our sleep.
- It aids to ease up tension, stress, and anxiety levels of different levels and fights depression.
- It reduces lower back pain.
- It improves energy, vitality, and respiration.
- It helps to maintain a balanced metabolism in our bodies.
- It improves the health of the heart.
Yoga plays a role in our fitness lifestyles. People think less about yoga for fitness but it is more than that.
Yoga can help to keep fit and has the potential to develop muscle tone, aid weight loss, and build flexibility. Yoga is an old method of exercising that focuses on breathing, strength, and flexibility to boost mental and physical wellbeing. Yoga comprises breathing and postures (body movements designed in series to improve strength and flexibility).
Yoga plays an interesting role in improving strength, flexibility, body awareness, and balance.
Yoga helps to connect the body and mind together and is built on three main elements – breathing, meditation, and exercise. Both yoga and Pilates help to improve the body’s muscular and postural strength.
Some good fitness yoga for mornings to start the day is;
- Dwi Pada Uttanasana (both leg raise pose)
- Paschimottanasana (head to toe)
- Ardha matsyendrasan (half spinal pose)
Dandasana (plank pose)Naukasana (boat pose)
Viparita Karni (Inclined pose)
Benefits of Fitness Yoga